Do you struggle with control? Letting go? Worry? Me too! Surrender isn’t easy, is it? Trusting the Lord with all your heart and leaning not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5) can be tough. I have to confess, I am a woman of little faith. My faith can waiver moment by moment. But there is good news! God loves me anyway… and He loves you too. God tells us He is compassionate, gracious, slow to anger and abounding in love (Exodus 34:6). He loves us in the midst of our messes and our doubt. Do I hear a sigh of relief?
This blog is a snapshot of my reality of being a Jesus follower, wife, and mom. It’s about noticing God’s fingerprints in the midst of the daily grind. Sometimes His fingerprints are followed by tears of joy as I sit in awe of His incredible love for me. Other times, those fingerprints lead to tears of conviction. But no matter what I do, and no matter what you do, God’s love is constant, unconditional, and always available. I’d love for you to join me on this journey called life.
10 Facts About Me
- I’m a wife and mom of two boys.
- God uses my boys to remind me of spiritual truths.
- I’m a Jesus follower and my favorite Bible verses are Ephesians 3:20-21: Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
- I’m afraid of dogs… especially loose ones. Find out more here.
- The first time I went mountain biking, I thought the bike paths were paved. Can you say city girl?
- I love to journal.
- My favorite pens are uniball-vision elite. Why? Because of the cushy grip.
- I’m learning to defeat Satan’s lies with God’s truth by using my sword of the spirit.
- I’ve been known to use my uniball-vision elite to demonstrate how to use the sword of the spirit. Imagine a female Zorro swishing the sword to defeat Satan’s lies. You should try it!
- My favorite CD is Jason Gray’s a way to see in the dark. Need a surrender soundtrack? This one can’t be beat!